Re: rdate runs xscreensaver

On Sun, Jul 09, 2000 at 11:51:54PM -0500, David B. van Balen wrote:
> I've noticed that whenever I run rdate (e.g. 'rdate -sp time.nist.gov'),
> it'll start my screensaver... very weird behaviour IMHO. It's happened

Isn't this due to the fact that rdate is sending your machine forward
in time effectively making you idle for that amount of time.
Run rdate again immediately after this happens and I doubt it will
reoccur.  You should have rdate (or similar) in your init scripts.
--
sam clegg
email: samc@superduper.net