Re: deleted files...

Hi rob,

Try these links...
The mini-HOWTO will also give you some great file system info.

http://www.linuxmonth.com/issue2/articles/undelete/undelete.html
http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/Ext2fs-Undeletion

Have fun,
 Brian Ashe                     CTO
 brian@dee-web.com              Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.
 http://www.dee-web.com/
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security,
will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.

rs> I was wondering what happens to files in linux when you delete them.  I know in
rs> windows they go to the trash and then you empty it... but you can still get them
rs> back with certain programs.  Is there a program in linux that will try to
rs> recover deleted files??  Also is there any program that defrags the drive or finds
rs> unnecessary files etc...