Re: HelixGnome_NonRootLoginFails

>X and gnome were working OK for both root and users prior to
[...]
>Any ideas with permission problems or gnome configuration problems?

A few days ago I fucked up my system a bit and I was unable to launch X too
(that is what happens when you write "!startx" in a text console that is not
local, but a telnet to your other machine).

So I removed the .Xauthorithy and all the X things that are under /tmp/
(.ICEsomething and .X11something). After that, the system come back to
normality.

Try that, maybe that will solve it. If not, I doubt it will screw it more,
cos all that things are suposedly temporal and can be deleted if not used.

Aaah, other times the problem is with ORBit dirs in /tmp/. It seems that
changing UIDs make some apps not happy at all.

GSR