User-defined mime-types are broken in GNOME 1.2

Hi,

Has anyone else found that user-defined mime-types are completely broken
in GNOME-1.2 when the mime-type capplet is used? I'm using latest GNOME
1.2 as provide by Helixcode.

The problem basically is that the capplet prepends the current value of
$LANG onto each key, for example:

application/pdf:
	[en_US]open=acroread %f
	[en_US]view=acroread %f

However, when gnome-libs resolves the keys, the above keys are ignored,
even though $LANG=en_US. Thus, it appears to the user that mime-types
don't work. If you define mime-types by hand and leave out the language,
like so:

application/pdf:
	open=acroread %f
	view=acroread %f

everything work fine. I've filed this as a bug in gnome-libs, because
I'm pretty sure that gnome-libs should be taking care of deciding which
keys to use depending on the value of $LANG.

Andrew