Re: Panel/Applet bug

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, James Green wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Right, got a bug here that two people have confirmed and two others
> can't recreate ;-)
>
> Using latest Helix Code:
>
> Create a new panel (any kind). Put a drive mount on it. Drag that applet
> to the meny panel. It (the new applet) turns into an empty menu.
>
> This happens on my Debian woody with:
> ii  gnome-core     1.2.1-helix1   Common files for Gnome core apps
> ii  libgnome32     1.2.3-helix3   The Gnome libraries
> ii  gnome-applets  1.2.1-helix1   Applets for the GNOME Panel
>
> Someone else with Mandrake also sees it. However someone else with Woody
> can't reproduce it and neither can Jacob Berkman :(
>
> Anyone else care to try this and report back their findings complete
> with gnome version numbers please?

I can reproduce it here with gnome-libs 1.2.0 and gnome-core 1.2.0. When I
tried dragging the drive mount applet to the menu, it created an empty
menu with a folder icon, then killed the X server (xfree86 4.0.1) when I
clicked on the menu. It didn't crash when I started up X again
though. I'll try the latest gnome-core / libs cvs and see if the problem
is still there.

chris fancsy		          The future is not a straight line.
umquam@unitee.dyndns.org          It is filled with many crossroads.
icq #35648841		  There must be a future we can choose for ourselves.