Re: Panel/Applet bug

On  3 Jul, James Green wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Right, got a bug here that two people have confirmed and two others
> can't recreate ;-)
>
> Using latest Helix Code:
>
> Create a new panel (any kind). Put a drive mount on it. Drag that applet
> to the meny panel. It (the new applet) turns into an empty menu.
>
> This happens on my Debian woody with:
> ii  gnome-core     1.2.1-helix1   Common files for Gnome core apps
> ii  libgnome32     1.2.3-helix3   The Gnome libraries
> ii  gnome-applets  1.2.1-helix1   Applets for the GNOME Panel
>
> Someone else with Mandrake also sees it. However someone else with Woody
> can't reproduce it and neither can Jacob Berkman :(
>
> Anyone else care to try this and report back their findings complete
> with gnome version numbers please?

Slackware 7.0 base, gnome-libs-1.2.3, gnome-core-1.2.1,
gnome-applets-1.2.1 (compiled from source, not Helix)

Creating drive mount on an existing panel, then dragging to menu panel
did not result in the bug. Creating applet on a new floating panel, then
dragging to menu panel did not result in bug either.

Sorry I can't help you isolate it, but I figured a negative result is as
important as a positive one in tracking it down . . .

Regards,

Barthel
--
   ld_barthel@yahoo.com | http://geocities.com/Area51/Shire/4063
gpg fingerprint: 8D3F 4BFF D36B BFCC FEE5  86A0 2AAF D3DA C395 641E

Computers are not intelligent. They just think they are.