Re: GnomeICU

Alex <al764984@mail.mty.itesm.mx> writes:

> I think the rpms aof 0.90 are wrong 'cause I tried to do an rpm -U
> gnomeicu...0.90.i386.rpm and it all went well but it just wouldnt log on
> again. History showed an Insecure connection
> detected...reconnecting...but never did.
> So, as someone pointed out, I had to delete all GnomICU files (in
> /home/usrname/.gnome and /home/usrname/.gnome_private/GnomeICU) ,
> reinstalles and all works as of now.
>

> I think this could be fixed somehow....i'd be glad to but i dont know a
> thing bout rpm.

This has nothing to do with rpm.  The new gnomeicu (finally) puts your
(plaintext) password in your _prvate dir, but doesn't look in the old
directory or as you again.  You probably should submit a bug report about
this.

Jacob
--
"Beware of bugs in the above code;  I have only
 proved it correct, not tried it." -- D. Knuth