Gnome Administrators Guide early beta

to writing that gnome admin guide I volunteered for a while back ;-0

The url is
http://www.maths.warwick.ac.uk/~pgc/gnome/gag2/book1.html

Now it is very rough and ready and I fully intend fixing it up
(especially need gui* tags adding I know and much reworking of the bad
explanantions) but I tried to get most of the structure and content in
now as I'm moving house on the weekend and won't be able to hack at it
until I get my computer setup in the new place.

My intention with the GAG is that (at least to start with) is a series
of case studies of gnome in action in a multi user environment. No two
places I've ever worked have been alike (other than running some form
of unix) so I thought it would be good to get as many viewpoints in as
possible. Once we get a few case studies we should be able to distil
out some common ground.

So this is also a call for volunteers. Please send me your case
studies.  The three main things I'd like to know are;

Background: What machines + unices, what type of users. What are you
aiming for. Doesn't have to be fancy, could well be, two P100s, for
myself and flatmate, with the intention of having a cool desktop ;-)

How you did it: How you set up your default environment,
gdm/xdm/kdm/cde/.bash_login/etc, the panel, background, menus, desktop
icons etc. i.e. how you catered for the machines and people above.

Current Problems: Anything not working / not ideal, partial fixes,
etc.

Of course add to that whatever you see fit. Preferably in docbook
sgml, otherwise plain text will do.

Paul