automount : magicdev ?

I've already post a mail about this problem without getting solutions
but I've done more researchs.

When i mount a cd two links are created on my gnome desktop (one for the
cd and another for the floppy). And when I unmount it, only the cd link
is removed.

First I thought that they were created by magicdev. I've taken the
source and I've found nothing like that. I know that the links are
created when the device newly mounted is write in the /etc/mtab file. If
I remove manually the cd line in the mtab file, the cd link disapears. I
think it's completly independant from autorun (not installed) and/or
magicdev.

Is Magicdev a part of gnome or a part of redhat 6.1?
How can I disable this strange thing?

Thank you,
Christophe