Re: installing rpms

Sean Middleditch wrote:

> Just to simplify things for you, seeing as how your question didn't need the > complexity of a man page NOR the cost of a book,
>
> rpm -I whatever.rpm

ok

> will install "whatever.rpm"
>
> rpm -U whatever.rpm
>
> will upgrade whatever.rpm

Not completely correct.  It will also install the rpm if it is not currently
installed.  To make sure they you are upgrading an rpm that you have installed
(but not installing it if you do not) use the -F option (freshen).  There was
post on BUGTRAQ about this.

Kent
not sure about the former.

						-- Albert Einstein