Re: Gnome through Exceed

On 20 Jan 00, Loban Amaan Rahman had questions about Re: Gnome
through Exceed:

> I've used Exceed. At the heart, it's just a very capable
> commercial X-server for Windows, with other assorted goodies
> included. So _everything_ should work. You can set it up so that
> it connects to a *nix box and starts gdm. From there it'll be
> almost no different than connecting the *nix box from another
> Linux machine just running X.

Is there some reason you can't use VNC?  It works great for me, and
with minimal client overhead (*much* less than Xceed).

Just my $.02

Steve

Stephen L Arnold                      http://www.rain.org/~sarnold
with Std.Disclaimer;  use Std.Disclaimer;