log in

Hi:

I believe I have set up the host.equiv etc, however, I cannot as user
or root login a
machine running 2.2.5-12 from RH6.0 remotely or from run-level 3 login
prompt. The only way is through the gdm. I am not exactly sure about the
/etc/securetty, I thought it restricts root telnet from remote host unless
specified but it should not affect users.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? could some one give me a bit of hint?
Is there any other config setup I should look into?

TIA

yao