Re: efm..

> * Sri Ramkrishna (sri@aracnet.com) wrote:
> > Anybody seen EFM (enlightenment Filemanager I think).  Looks neat.  But I
> > haven't seen it in practice.  Looks like they've taken a very simple
> > design and decided not to go with a "explorer" type model.  Actually, it
> > looks more like the old MAC interface.  Very neat.
>
> Well the inspiration is the amiga, but its about 10% complete now, so
> don't draw too many conclusions about the interface ;)

Actually I was going to say Amiga because of the different size icons and
stuff.  But I've been making a lot of "we should make it like an Amiga"
comments that I figure people are sick of. :-)

> > Has anybody tried efm from cvs to see how well it works?
>
> Please don't try this unless you *really* know what you are doing.
> The contents of the module are not for public consumption yet, and it
> is not a simple compilation right now. It also depends on two other
> developmental libraries which have not yet been released.

Actually I wanted to hear from people like you who are developing or got
it going and wanted to say something about it.

	sri