Re: window size

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 05:20:06PM +0100 or thereabouts, Klaus wrote:
> some windows are much too big (file manager, gnomecard....); I can shrink
> them vertically but nut horizontally. Probably I must change default
> minimum width; how can I do ?

If anyone knows, I too would be interested, but I suspect you can't.
I find a lot of Gnome apps open at very large sizes and assume a lot
more than a (soapbox time again) 640x480 screen.

I know that not many people have these, but there are some! In
addition, if your preferred X configuration tool doesn't recognise
your monitor, it often seems to set things up with a "safe" 640x480
when you first install Linux (and I presume other OSs), and if your
first experience of Gnome is on that, it is _really_ irksome that
half the things you start are huge and can't be shrunk.

I don't know much about coding, but I begin to suspect that one
of the many gtk things available for Gnome programmers is called
open_thumping_great_window.:)

I believe the file manager is going to be replaced ultimately.
One that shrinks would be really nice.

Telsa