Re: FontPath

MartyFisher1@cs.com wrote:

> Darryl,
>
> Thanks for help on my screen resolution problem.  Then, you mentioned a
> solution to a possible font problem.  Although my fonts are ok when logged in
> as a user (non-root), your solution suggested a another problem that I've
> given up on (see attachment).  Can I change the XF86Config file FontPath
> section to point directly to '/usr/X11R6/X11/fonts/100dpi'?  When logging in
> gnome as root, there a error finding the fonts.  If I directly place the
> fonts into the config file, might that help?
>
> Thanks again,
> Marty

You should not log into GNOME (or X) as root, because any problems that
you may encounter will not have the protection given to ordinary users.
In other words, your system will be no more secure or stable than a
Windows box, as applications which misbehave themselves are not
prevented from causing damage.

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
     pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
        -- Winston Churchill