Desktop problems

I removed the partitions and installed RH61 on my laptop.  That's the good news.  I'm committed (or should be).  I have another system running RH60 and just love it.

The bad news is that I've noticed a problem within my gnome desktop.  The first thing I noticed is that I didn't have any of the desktop icons on the left side of the screen.  Also when I right click I don't get a menu.  I thought my mouse button might be broken, but I can RightMouseButton+LeftMouseButton to display the enlightenment menu.

Any advice?