gnome-run working more like a panel drawer?

I like using the gnome-run applet to start programs, because the menus
are still a little to "slippery" for me, but right now when I click on
my nice gnome-run applet on the panel, it pops up the gnome-run window
any old location on the screen.  What I'd really like would be a panel
applet that had a text input box, and a "run" icon next to it.  The
other option would be to have a nice applet that sort of opened a drawer
that contained the text entry box, and a run button.  I guess I can fix
the position of a window, so perhaps that will have to do.
	Greg