Re: sound - bonobo - gb?

Danny Van Elsen wrote:

> Hi Gregory,
>
> well, yes, I ran 'ldconfig' after every 'make install' ... and I made sure that
> /opt/gnome/lib
> was in /etc/ld.conf...

Well drat.  :)  I was hoping.  Mind you, /opt/gnome/lib is a DISTINCTLY
different directory than /opt/GNOME/lib?  When you run ldconfig, you can
pass it a switch to make it "verbose" or something, and then you can see
which libraries it's added.  See if the audiofile ones are there.

> what I don't understand is that apparently with the previous version of 'audiofile',
> its libraries
> can be found, and with the 0_1_9 file, the libraries are 'invisible'. I tried to
> understand what
> the .configure file is trying to do, but it looks such an unreadable mess...

Did you un-install the previous version of audiofile?  I'm assuming that
you're running Linux, but which distro?  I've never been much good at
reading the .configure file, but I've been able to get everything to
work on my RH system.  Have you logged out and back in between
installing audiofile and trying to build esound?  Just trying to throw
out ideas of the things that I usually try.
	Greg