Dual heads & gnome

Greetings, and my apologies if I am asking questions which have
already been answered.

I have a Sparcstation with two graphics cards and two monitors.  I have
Openwin starting X servers on both of them, and my window manager is
able to start up on both of them.  I currently have a configuration
for fvwm2 which works quite well on both heads, however I would love to
have gnome...  Does anyone have any expirence doing this?  I'm doing it
on a sparc, but the parts which I'm having problems with would be fairly
generic and probably the same on a PC...

Gnome starts on one head or the other, but I can't seem to perform
the magic of making it work on both.  If someone has done this before
me, I'd hate to waste time reinventing the wheel.

Any comments, thoughts, pointers to scripts, etc are welcome.

Thanks,

-Thom
tam@UU.NET