Re: Gnome GTK Engine

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael <mikejuni@yahoo.com>
To: <gnome-list@gnome.org>
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2000 8:46 PM
Subject: Gnome GTK Engine

> Since gdk-pixbuf have alpha transparency support, is it possible to make a
> gtk engine theme that make use of it to create Aqua Effect just like Mac
OS
> X?

Short version: no.  (For one thing Apple will chase you with a C&D order :-)

Even when gdk-pixbuf is used by GTK themes X doesn't allow translucency
between windows which is what I assume you'r talking about with Aqua. Untill
the point that X is rewritten to support alpha between windows all alpha
effects will be hacks (ala Eterm).

--Ben