bug with panel 1.0.53

Here is the internationalisation PB I meet.
When you add launcher in the panel, the new one depends on the LANG
variable
WHEN YOU CREATE IT.

suppose you create a launcher, you will get, in files under
$HOME/.gnome/panel.d/default, lines like
Applet_9.desktop:Name[en.ISO8859-1]=xemacs
or
Applet_9.desktop:Name[en_US.ISO8859-1]=xemacs

Now, change you LANG to fr (or an other of your preference, I suppose it
will be the same) in your profile, exit and relog.
==> you have lost everything !!!!

my question:
Why, is there internationalization data in these files ?
It must depends on env variable named LANG and LC_xxxxx.
env | egrep 'LANG|LC_'
LC_MONETARY=en_US
LC_TIME=en_US
LC_MESSAGES=C
LC_CTYPE=en_US
LC_COLLATE=en_US
LC_NUMERIC=en_US
But I want to be able to change them to fr, sp or de, or what I want
whith the same panel possibilities.
Or do I have to manage different panel for each language ? It's poor !
JRC
--
Nur der kleine Geist hält Ordnung, das Genie beherrscht das Chaos.
Seuls les petits esprits aiment l'ordre, le génie maitrîse le chaos.