Netscape won't work

Hello,
   I've been trying now for a month to get Netscape to work in Gnome.
I followed all the instructions I could find, but even though it
successfully establishes a connection to my ISP ( using RH PPP ) ,
Netscape keeps coming up with "Can't establish connection to server
"pop.sprynet.com".   I know this is a Gnome issue only, as I setup the
KDE kppp dialer, and I have no problems with Netscape whatsoever.   I
transferred all the data from my kppp installation to the Gnome dialog
boxes for both the PPP dialer and Netscape Preferences.    I even
started the KPPP dialer from within Gnome, established a connection, and

tried to start Netscape (in Gnome), and I get the same results.   I
tried again awhile ago, and after I logged out to restart  KDE so I
could send this message, I noticed errors on the terminal screen, which
I reproduced below.   (Errors are from Gnome session)
    If anyone could help me out, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance,
Robert

***********  Errors on Terminal Screen  *******************

Gnome UI - Warning:    While connecting to a session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason:  None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

./ifup:  command failed

Gtk - warning  Invalid cast from (unknown) to 'GtkProgressBar'
Gtk-Critical **. file  gtkprogressbar.c  line 751
(gtk_progress_bar_update): assertion 'GTK_IS_PROGRESS_BAR'  (pbar)
failed.

./ifdown: command not found

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifdown-ppp: command not found.
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifdown-post: command not found.