Escaping quotes

Hi there,

So I've got GNOME back on my desktop after brief interludes with KDE, and
various WMs on their own. I'm settling back into GNOME+E.

However, I am having trouble getting quotes escaped in the E menus
configuration file. I have the following:
ADD_MENU_TEXT_ITEM("Eterm",         __A_EXEC,
        "Eterm --trans --cmod=\"96 512 512\"")
However the shading (cmod) does nothing.

Switching to using 's around cmod does not help either.

Help...

James.