Re: How can I re-install dos boot image ?

> On lun, 21 feb 2000, Phil Robins wrote:
> > Hope you made a backup!!  I had trouble with this and lost over 3 years of
> > work!!  With no backup...My own stupid fault for not backing up......  But I
> > had to start all over...
>
> You WHAT! lost data?
> The LI problem happen to me like 5 o 6 times, but i NEVER lost data!
> The bad thing is that i dont remenber how i repair it :-(
> I think i remove the old one (fdisk /mbr or lilo -U ) and reinstall it with
> other config. Sorry, my memory stink

I've did that once I solved it at the time by using the installation CD
and then trying to get mount working to the point where I mount the old
partitions.  Once you do that you should be able to save your documents or
what not.  It wasn't easy and you had to do some futzing around.  Now that
I have a rescue disk, it's VERY easy.

	sri