Re: Request: Test suite for EFS.

On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 09:49:42AM +0000, u07ih@abdn.ac.uk wrote:
> > > cp myfile.doc /mnt/zip and it's not going to work.
> >
> > "cp -R myfile.doc /mnt/zip" will work.
>
> Yes, but they're going to get confused if they believe it to be one file.

Yes, but users don't care about files they care about documents. If you
educate them that "cp -R" copies whole documents and "cp" copies individual
components of those documents they'll be happy.

> > > Also having a directory
> > > allows write access, name changing etc to the files.
> >
> > So does a gnome-vfs efs module :-)
>
> GNOME_VFS_ERROR_READONLYFS
>
>:)

chmod a-w myfile.doc/*

:)

Ian

PS: I think we've established the fact that we disagree on this one. There's
not much point arguing anymore :-)