Re: RH PPP Dialer problem

dab@cloud9.net writes:
> Can anyone shed any light on this?  What should be in conf.modules for a
> new RH 6.1 install?

I don't know too many details but my guess at the problem would be
that you have an IRQ conflict between the sound card and the modem.
If you look at /proc/interrupts it shows you which devices are using
interrupts. Conceivably either the sound card or the modem has jumpers
or some kind of hard-wiring that makes it require a certain interrupt,
and the kernel gives it the wrong one.

Red Hat support (http://www.redhat.com/apps/support/) can probably
help in more detail (assuming you bought the box set). Not my area of
expertise.:-)

Havoc