How to add new mime-types properly?

Hi,

I have problems with adding new mime-types. For creating a mime-type
for WordPerfect files, I typed in "application/wordperfect" in the
"Add Mime Type" input box and choosed as extension: ".wpd". Then I
edited the new entry and defined "/usr/local/lib/wp/wpbin/xwp %f" in
all "action" fields. Nevertheless I can't start WordPerfect by double
clicking on *.wpd files in gmc. Instead I'm asked which application I
choose to open the file.

What's going wrong?

Hoping for help,
joachim