Re: KDE games on top of Gnome Enlightenment

> > When I run the games I see them coming up briefly, and then they core
> > dump.
> >
> > What else should I do to make them work properly?

	There is a file called /etc/sysconfig/desktop that can contain
either the word "GNOME" or "KDE".  It will let you switch between running
Gnome and KDE by simply editing the file as root.

	Try exiting X-windows, then type (as root):

echo "KDE" > /etc/sysconfig/desktop
startx

	...and then, if you have KDE installed correctly, KDE will come
up.  Try running your games again, and if they succeed then something
weird is going on.  Perhaps they require that the KDE window manager is
running, but I don't see how or why that would be a requirement.

	It could be there is some bug in either Gnome, or E, causing the
problem.  If they stop crashing under KDE please let us know.

	But if the games crash even under KDE then email the KDE mailing
list to ask them WTF is going on.

--Derek