Re: gnome-config --libs xml doesn't work..

> The problem is that gnome-xml is installing xmlConf.xh in
> <PREFIX>/lib/xmlConf.sh rather than in
> <PREFIX>/share/gnome/conf/2.0/xmlConf.sh that is the place where
> gnome-config is seeking it. Move it to the correct place and it'll ok.

Why do it this way?  We should be using xml-config to check for xml not
gnome-libs --libs xml.  Whats the rationale?  It's a lot safer than using
gnome-libs especially if you run into problems like this where outwardly
the compile is fine but there is something wrong somewhere.  I guess if I
knew the whoel autoconf thing a little better I probably would have caught
it.

I fixed my problem by removing $GNOME_LIBS and changing it to xml-config
--libs.  That seems to have fixed the problem.

> But you will probably face another problem when building gsm in
> gnome-core (gnome-session-manager) because it needs libgnorba (gnome
> 1.0). I removed gnome1.0 completely before trying to build the last
> development tree. The new gnome-libs is not coming with libgnorba (nor
> gtk-xhtml). Then, where can I get both them without checking out the
> whole gnome-libs-1.0?

For me it was removing GNOME 1.0 from Mandrake 7.0.  Once I got rid of
everything I started fresh.  It took me a while to get it working.

	sri