Re: gnome-config --libs xml doesn't work..

Sri Ramkrishna wrote:

> I'm having a problem with gnome-core.  It's failing on xml because
> configure is depending on gnome-config --libs xml to actually output
> something.  When I compiled the latest and greatest version of gnome-libs
> it compiled with no problems.  How do you make sure that when it compiles
> it will allow you to do gnome-config --libs xml?
>
> I looked in the macros directory which is the only directory I could see
> that does anything remotely with xml.  But I have no idea what to do with
> the m4 macros..

The problem is that gnome-xml is installing xmlConf.xh in
<PREFIX>/lib/xmlConf.sh rather than in
<PREFIX>/share/gnome/conf/2.0/xmlConf.sh that is the place where
gnome-config is seeking it. Move it to the correct place and it'll ok.

But you will probably face another problem when building gsm in
gnome-core (gnome-session-manager) because it needs libgnorba (gnome
1.0). I removed gnome1.0 completely before trying to build the last
development tree. The new gnome-libs is not coming with libgnorba (nor
gtk-xhtml). Then, where can I get both them without checking out the
whole gnome-libs-1.0?

Salu2. (Fon non spanish speaking --> Salu2 = Salu"dos" = Greetings)
Daniel Alonso