Re: Displaying app's on different workspaces !!

Telsa Gwynne wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 06:09:04PM +0530 or thereabouts, Pradish Mathews wrote:
> > I have set 4 workspaces in the gnome control panel. Now my requirement
> > is such that i want to display my 4 applications say 1,2,3 & 4 to the
> > respective 4 workspaces during start up.
> > I would appreciate if someone could render help on this.
>
> I think this may depend partly on your window manager. If I leave
> different things open on different workspaces with windowmaker and
> save things, when it starts up, they all start on the first workspace,
> and I don't know how to stop that. But I have been told in the past
> that windowmaker does its workspaces its own way.
>
> I suppose I should do the lemming thing and try sawmill soon :)
>
> Telsa
>
> --

I tried it with xinit.
I made an entry corresponding  to the xclients in .xinitrc. The xclient i choose
was xterm
where i specified different geometry and then i thought of invoking my app's from
each xterm.

The lines in  $HOME/.xinitrc was exactly

    xterm -display  :0 -geometry +0+60 -e netscape-communicator &
    xterm -display  :0 -geometry +0+700 -e netscape-communicator &
    xterm -display  :0 -geometry +700+60 -e netscape-communicator &
    xterm -display  :0 -geometry  +700+700 -e netscape-communicator

This worked fine as far as the xterm's are concerned but the app's which in my
case was
netscape-communicator got settled in the fist workspace.

Could u be more explicit in the topic regarding the windowmaker.

BYE

PAM