Re: Gnome-db spec file problem

On Sat, Feb 12, 2000 at 08:58:45PM -0500, Gregory McLean wrote:
> -> I get the following error message in a gnome spec file build.  Is
> -> there special syntax for setting up a file to have an /etc/ directory
> -> in the build root?
>
> I didn't see an answer for this so here goes..
>
> Yes.
>
> in the %install section:
>
> make prefix=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{prefix} sysconfdir=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/etc install
>
> That should do it.

I made some analogous changes based on what I saw in a mc spec file
that had worked, but it still bombed out.  I understand from another
reply that rpms don't build for this tarball and that I should use the
cvs version (or wait for another tarball release).

Thanks.

Must say that Gnome is pretty amazing at this point. Network monitor
never worked before (very handy on a DSL machine with a couple of
shell account users).

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net