building gnome-libs..

Hi people, a strange thing is happening when I try to build gnome-libs
from CVS. Configure tells me that I need gdk-pixbuf. Ok, I checkout
gdk-pixbuf from CVS and try to build it. After some seconds...

Oops, it's asking me for gnome-config... but why am I supposed to find
gnome-config in my system if I haven't been able to build gnome-libs
yet.

So I cannot build gnome-libs without gdk-pixbuf, and I cannot build
gdk-pixbuf without gnome-libs.

Surely, I'm doing something wrong, if only a kind soul could give me a
clue...

Thx in advance.
Salu2.

Daniel Alonso