Re: Desktop

> > ???  OS/2 has a DosFSCtl() interface to allow notification of file
> > system changes via a kernel message queue; I would expect the WPS to use it.
>
> Do you know if DosFSCtl() allows notification of fine-grained
> (directory) changes? I mean: from your reply I cannot understand if you

Memory is slightly fuzzy (I'm only just getting back into OS/2,
courtesy of VMware) but IIRC the changed pathname is sent over the
message queue.  (After all, this feature is there for the WPS's file
manager, so the same issues come up.)

--
brandon s. allbery      [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]     allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator         [WAY too many hats]           allbery@ece.cmu.edu