Re: Compiling GNOME on Solaris

> Another suggestion is that you get the development versions (1.1.2) of
> gnome-core and gnome-applets.  I installed these over
> gnome-core-1.0.55 and I have found that they are more stable on
> Solaris than any of their predecessors.

I found the opposite :-( I installed the stable gnome, got things set up
as I liked it, then a day later installed 1.1.2. On logging in, the
panel crashed repeatedly. I didn't have time to find out why, so I
reverted to the stable version. This was on locally customised Solaris
2.6.

BTW - Should gnome-terminal work under solaris? However I invoke it, it
comes up full screen size and then immediately closes (without any
errors) when I enter a <return>.

Chris