Re: Desktop background

> avoid. Wmakerconf is the configuration utility belonging to the
> WindowMaker (alias wmaker) window manager. Gnome seems indeed to leave
> this config option up to the wm, which can or can't do this special
> task.

	If "this config option" means the background, then no, Gnome does
not leave it to the window manager.  Gnome tries to control the background
itself.

	This leads to the weird situation where you have two
backgrounds--one from the window manager, and one from Gnome.

	On my Mandrake 6.1 system, Enlightenment will first start up with
its background (the default, white "Mandrake"-logo background) and then,
after one or two seconds, Gnome draws its background (the background I
configured using the GNOME Config Tool).

	If I go into the Enlightenment configuration tool and start
fscking with the background, all hell breaks loose.  Things get even worse
if I try to use a window manager other than E.

	Just another headache caused by the inexplicable desire to support
every window manager...

--Derek