RE: Weird Flashing Behavior

OK.  I downloaded all of the RPMs from ftp.gnome.org (both the base and the
development) and installed them with `rpm -Uvh *.rpm`.  Everything installed
correctly except for gnumeric*.rpm (it complained that it wasn't in rpm
format).

I deleted my ~/.gnome directory and tried logging in again.  It still
flashed at me.  I looked a little harder at my home directory (ls -a), did
an `rm -rf .gnome*`, and logged in again.  That finally solved the problem.
I suspect I didn't need to do the upgrade to the rpm files, but at least I
have the latest now...  I don't know where the problem was, but it was one
of the other three .gnome* directories.  Thanks for all of the help.

Cheers--

Al
gasparedw@lrn.va.gov