RE: rpm'ing ORBit 0.5.0 difficulties

At 10:19 -0500 2/8/2000, Zach Frey wrote:
>I find that
>
>     rpm -ta ORBit-0.5.0.tar.gz
>
>works just fine, when applied to the distribution tarball.

Didn't work, same problem.

>In other words, don't bother unpacking and building manually,
>then trying to build an RPM out of your build directory.  Just
>let RPM do that work for you.  If *that* doesn't work, it's
>a bug in the distributed .spec file.

I was assuming that I would have to hack the .spec file.  Any
suggestions where I should look?  I tried it before by removing
references to libIDL, but nothing changed.  I know that I missed a
couple, but I wasn't sure which were safe to remove and which weren't.

>You didn't say what your environment was, but this works fine
>for me using RedHat 6.1.

I'm using SuSE 6.3, it looks like rpm version 3.03

r.