Re: gdm problem

Paul Kreugel <PKreugel@wanadoo.nl> writes:

> I've a problem with gdm 2.0beta4.
>
> I can't login as root, gdm says 'root login disallowed`. In the gdm.conf
> file the line 'AllowRoot=1' is present. It doesn't matter what value I
> fill in, i still can't login as root. There are no problems logging in
> as root with xdm. Everything is installed as it should be.
>
> My log file says:
> gdm[324]: Root login disallowed on display ':0'.
>
> Can someone tell me how to solve this problem.

Perusing through the patches RH ships with yields one which explains this.

The check in gdm is backwards, so try setting AllowRoot=0.

The patch in the .src.rpm is 'gdm-2.0beta2-sop2.patch' for the curious :)

Jacob
--
"Beware of bugs in the above code;  I have only
 proved it correct, not tried it." -- D. Knuth