Re: nautilus

Nautilus does indeed use -Werror on purpose to turn warnings into errors.
There were two things going on here: ORBit sometimes generates questionable
code that generates warnings when compiled; and the people working on
Nautilus compile with optimizations off for better debugging. With
optimizations off, you don't get the uninitialized variable warning, so we
hadn't been seeing it.

Darin Adler just checked in a fix: he turned off the uninitialized variable
warning for the Nautilus build. This is a shame, but will have to do until
we can get ORBit to generate cleaner code.

John