VERSION and PACKAGE

Hi!

I'm trying to compile some stuff from CVS, and I assure you I'm not an
idiot.

In some of the packages, like gnome-vfs and gtkhtml, in some of their files
there is a reference to "VERSION" and "PACKAGE".  I can't find anywhere
where they are defined.  Please help.  Where are they supposed to be
defined.  Just tell me where to go, and I can figure out the rest.  Am I
doing something wrong, or are the authors?  Thanks!

Josh Barrow

EvilFerret