Gnome 1.1.2: One bonehead's report

I have gnome 1.1.2 running and from a user's perspective it is quite
beautiful.  I didn't get the full effect of it until I moved my ~/.gnome
and saw the default config emerge and I was delighted with the
configurability of it all.

I did have one somewhat serious problem, don't know if it is worth
reporting as a bug. THe default session opens a mailbox checking
software.  When that software runs, it drives my IMAP server insane.  As
long as that program is running, pine can't open my mail account because
it thinks another pine is using my account. It took me the better part
of a day to learn enough to track the problem down.

Perhaps it would be better not to have the mailbox software run
automatically, since many new users are likely to be stung in the same
way.

--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn@ukans.edu