[BUG?] gnome-applets and gnome-core 1.1.2 build on LinuxPPC (was: gnome-core/gnome-applets 1.1.2 "Curse of the Bambino" released)

  >> Under LinuxPPC 1999 Q3, gnome-core builds without a
  >> hitch. Gnome-applets, however, gives this error:

  Paul> Edit slashapp/Makefile and add -lz to the GNOME_APPLETS_LIBS =
  Paul> line.

As also suggested by Ali Abdin & Geraud Blanchet privately, the above
works. Has a bug report been filed against this problem?

I built and installed both gnome-core and gnome-applets, and I am
seeing an issue: the one panel that I normally run is set to
autohide, and consists of mainly drawers, with a few other buttons
(term and logout). When I logged back out to console and re-startx'd after
installing the new builds, the panel was not visible. However, the
drawers were open and displaced up and to the left relative to where
they should have been. The actual drawer icons wasn't visible, just the
icons that slide out. Pressing the close button caused the drawers to
slide closed, like normal, but since the icon wasn't there, they
vanished.

Hopefully that's more clear than it sounds like upon rereading. Known
problem, or should I file a bug report? (Or am I filing a bug report
now?)

john,
up way too late.

                 John S Jacobs Anderson jacobs@genehack.org
                  \* Genehack:  Not your daddy's weblog */
                   \*    <URL:http://genehack.org>     */