Re: Host Name Problem

if you noticed the error message he is getting states "try adding
h24....(his IP) to the file /etc/host", when I first started using Gnome,
I had the same problem, I added the info in my /etc/host and /etc/HOSTNAME
file and viola, no more error message, and upon reboot, my username domain
showed up on the login screen. If you don't have an /etc/host or
/etc/HOSTNAME file then maybe your distro doesent use it, but his does,
for the fact the error message said so.

David M.

AIM: Dmcg295308

ICQ #: 96210352