User-Guide fonts

Hello,
   I downloaded the Gnome User-Guide, and opened it in my RH 6.1 using
Adobe Reader 4.0.    The font is terrible and almost illegible.   It
doesn't print much better either.
   So, I then opened this up using Windows and Adobe 3.0, and got the
same results.   I really would like to print out a nice hardcopy for a
reference, but the font issue is making this impossible.   This is only
happening with the Gnome User-Guide.   Other reference material appears
on-screen fine in both Linux and Windows.
Can someone help?

Thanks,
Robert