Re: does Gnome-terminal have problems ?

anvil amin unice fr writes:

> You can see in the xterm that the scrollbar has token care of what
> screen and ncftp make scrolled.. This is not the case of the
> gnome-terminal.

Did you try running a gnome-terminal with

TERM=vt100 screen
?

Also, try

echo $TERM

in both gnome-terminal and xterm.  I'd wager they're not the same.

> Since I'm an irc addict, i often use accents to "talk" with other
> french people on ircnet.

Have you looked at the link I posted?  You could set up X to be able
to make accents in any program, including gnome-terminal, and better,
do it the same way instead of remembering what setting the high bit on
a random character happens to give you.

> All this stuff is boring me.. I think I've no choice but to return to
> my old and "click-on-url-to-open-netscape"-less xterm. :(((

Well, since you don't want to change anything else, that's probably
the best option.

--
Alan Shutko <ats acm org> - In a variety of flavors!
Everything can be filed under "miscellaneous".