Re: Memory Issues

Just to add my comments as someone with a little less power than most.
I have a PII 300Mhz with 64MB RAM.  I had 128MB swap, though last
night I increased it to 256MB (I often compile things and run several
apps at once so my swap gets used quite a bit).

I run GNOME on RH7 (worst distro) and used to run it with RH6.1.  I
use Galeon and netscape.  They are both slow (but they use the same
rendering engine so they should have similar performance), but not
unusable.  If I minimize a window for an extended length of time it
takes excessively long to repaint the web page.

XMMS has no problems running almost 24x7.

Last night I installed Debian potato but haven't had a chance to
finish configuring it yet and switching my stuff over from RH.

-D