Re: Trying to fix a stupid mistake

In message <200012140710 eBE7ANw22682 ZOOstation cc>, Rob
Brown-Bayliss writes:
cc:  Dave Reed <dreed capital edu>, rooty_dqt yahoo com,
gnome-list gnome org

> > Dave Reed <dreed capital edu> writes:
> > > Doesn't "rpm --setperms" reset all file permissions to their original
> > > values.  Assuming this is an RPM based system, I'd try that first.
> > >

> > Looks like it does - indeed, an easier solution. I had no idea such a
> > thing existed. ;-)
>

> It would be nice to get a report in the success or failure of said move
> if possible.

If by this you mean "does it work", then yes it does as I used
it a long time ago when I made a similar goof.

| Bob Taylor             Email: brtaylor inreach com            |
| Like the ad says, at 300 dpi you can tell she's wearing a     |
| swimsuit. At 600 dpi you can tell it's wet. At 1200 dpi you   |
| can tell it's painted on. I suppose at 2400 dpi you can tell  |
| if the paint is giving her a rash. (So says Joshua R. Poulson)|