Re: Removing HALT/REBOOT actions on logout

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Ian Peters wrote:
>
> > On my Debian machine, it is /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf, in section
> > [greeter], set SystemMenu to 0
>
> I thought that only affected the login screen menu items, not the logout
> prompt?

Yes, it does. AFAIK, what affects the logout dialog is if your users can
execute /usr/bin/shutdown. I had to make a slink there to enable
shutdown/reboot on my machine.
If that doesn't work and you really want to disable shutdown, try setting
a preference in Control Panel not to promt on logout. But I think this has
to be set on a per user basis.

    Håvard

mailto:havardw stud ntnu no||http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~havardw||73 52 55 76
 All it takes to start an avalanche is a single snowflake||Or a snowboarder
        Oh! Un Fraggle! Regarde, maman! J'ai attrapé un Fraggle!