Re: gnome-lib and Solaris 7x86

install it in /opt
rm -rf the files in /opt
symlink /opt/whatever to /usr/local
re add in /tmp/foo by doing pkgadd -R /tmp/foo (or some other temp space)
copy the files from /tmp/foo/opt/whatever to /usr/local (i used tar, package wasnt that big/complex) make sure there are only thing which wanted to go to /opt/, not other stuff which wants to go to /etc or something
now remove the package from /tmp/foo

i personally am very bitter when a package doesnt spacify a choice for its install path. when i make packages, they default install in /usr/local, but can be installed whereever you choose. why more people dont do this i dont understand. and if i have /etc/ stuff too, then ill either put it in /usr/local/etc or make a configuration files package too.

thats all..
adam